What is a ground source heat pump?
Geothermal Heat Pumps (GHPs) are electrically powered systems that tap the stored energy of the greatest solar collector in existence: the earth. These systems use the earth’s relatively constant temperature to provide heating, cooling, and hot water for homes and commercial buildings.
A GHP system can be installed in a residential structure of any size, anywhere, whether it is single-family or multi-family. GHPs can be installed on almost any size lot: under lawns, landscaped areas, driveways, or the house itself. An existing house can be retrofitted with a GSHP using the ductwork that is already there. The new GHPs are much more efficient than the earlier models and upgrading to a new GHP can save money.
Ground Source Heat Pumps offer great benefits
- Can be a combination heating/cooling and hot water heating system
- About the same size as a traditional heating/cooling unit
- Pipe carries up to a 50-year warranty
- Can cut energy consumption by 20 to 50% and reduce maintenance costs
- Keep the air warmer in the winter (90 -105¡ F) and at a more consistent temperature throughout the home, eliminating the hot and cold spots common with other systems
- Very quiet, providing a pleasant environment inside & outside the home
- No noisy fan units to disturb outdoor activities
- No exposed equipment outdoors; children or pets cannot injure themselves or damage exterior units
- No open flame, flammable fuel or potentially dangerous fuel storage tanks
Bosch Geothermal Heat Pumps
- 2 Stage compressor
- High performance
- Low operation costs
- Environmentally friendly R410-A refrigerant
- Quiet operation
- Available in 2 through 6 tons
- Vertical, c/flow
Tetco Geothermal Heat Pumps
The TETCO line of geothermal systems has been around since 1977. That longevity is a testament to the quality and reputation of TETCO systems.
TETCO offers a diverse product line to fit most any geothermal installation — for both new construction and replacement applications. Quality and reliability are built in to every unit. And TETCO has you covered with warranty options to protect your investment.